Dr. Mo Akmal
About Dr. Mo Akmal
- Dr Mohammed Akmal is an internationally renowned and widely published Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon at Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust, London UK. He graduated from Imperial College Medical School, one of the top five universities in the world, and completed his Trauma and Orthopaedic specialist training in London.
- Dr Akmal has completed a fellowship in Spinal Surgery at Oxford and has also worked at UK’s top Hospitals in Orthopaedics. He has held the posts of Clinical Director for Orthopaedic Surgery at Imperial College and Healthcare Commissioner roles for NHS London. He has a well established practice in the UK and is one of the senior doctors in Londons top university.
- Dr Akmal has developed a strong reputation in London for his specialist skills in managing spinal trauma and degenerative conditions of the spine. He treats thousands of patients annually and specializes in minimally invasive spinal surgery using techniques such as Laser discectomy, keyhole surgery, endoscopic spinal surgery and Percutaneous cement augmentation kyphoplasty, disc replacement surgery and lumbar fusions. He treats back pain, neck pain, disc prolapse, sciatica, vertebral compression fractures. Dr Akmal is able to treat most patients with minimally invasive intervention and uses spinal injections, Laser discectomy, denervations and spinal implants. He has a large practice in pain management and also offers advanced spinal pain management techniques.
- Dr Akmal is a fully accredited surgeon on the General Medical Council register and is a GMC registered educational trainer and supervisor for medical and postgraduate students. Dr Akmal lectures internationally on advances in Spinal Surgery to other surgeons, healthcare professionals and family doctors. He has clinics in Central London, Dubai and Asia and provides second opinions on spinal surgery for a number of major organisations and insurers.
- Dr Akmal is the Clinical Director of The London Spine Unit, Harley Street and a founding member of The Harley Street Orthopaedic Clinic.
- Doctorate in Medicine (MD), London University
- Completion of Specialist Training (CCST), London, UK
- Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeons (England) FRCS Orth &Tr
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Imperial College, London, UK
- Bachelor of Science (BSc Honours), Imperial College, London, UK
Professional Memberships Include
- North American Spine Society Member
- Associate member of St Marys Hospital, Imperial College
- Member of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of The British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- Member of The British Cervical Spine Society
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of the Seddon Society, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital